Haleywood was started in Singapore in 1987 and is currently a manufacturing company that outsources its furniture designs to factories to produce. It currently has a representative office in Shenyang and its headquarters is in Singapore. Haleywood aims to be the leading supplier of medium-high end furniture to clients around the world.
Capability Development Grant (CDG)
Haleywood’s re-branding process is supported by Spring Singapore under the CDG initiative, which aims to help companies build brands and increase their brand awareness.
The furniture industry is highly competitive. Traditionally, furniture produced in the East was thought to be cheap, with little or no originality and not much emphasis on design.
Most famous designers originate from European countries like Spain, Italy and France. Many Asian manufacturers hence find it hard to command a premium on their products.
- To strengthen the Haleywood Brand in the minds of their target customers and acquire new ones.
- Expand existing furniture range and supply to new target audience
- Appeal more to the young
Adwright’s brand analysis helped create an overall strategic direction for the new Haleywood brand.
- Redesign a new identity and align it to Haleywood’s belief/vision
- Relook at all communication touch points
- Create new tools to reach out to new overseas market
- Market segmentation to refine the message
- Relook at the marketing aspect
- Brand Consultancy
- Brand Identity Development
- Brand System and Corporate Grid Guidelines
- Brand Communications
- Environmental Design
- Press and Magazine Advertising
- Digital Branding
Since the launch of the new identity, Haleywood has received recognitions from local and overseas industry players. The new brand was launched in Shanghai Furniture Expo and for the first time in 20 years, Haleywood experienced a different type of customer response. It also got a spot order of 8 containers worth of furniture for a European client.
During the International Furniture Fair held at Singapore Expo, Minister for Trade & Industry, Mr. Lim Hng Kiang proudly recognised Haleywood as one of the great examples of companies that invested in capability despite the economic downturn.
Singapore Prestige Brand Award 2010
Adwright helped prepare and submit a proposal to the Singapore Prestige Brand Award 2010 committee, to which Haleywood won the Established Brand award.